Wooden English Style Five Bar Ornamental Wood Gates made of Locust for a historic farm restoration.
All of Gepetto’s projects are handmade in our Richmond Virginia Shop.
Gates compliment many styles of fence from picket styles to agricultural styles of wooden fencing. Rustic split rail styles in pine or western red cedar can be treated as a compliment to the finished look of the gates. Five bar gates easily accept wire such as farm and field fence, woven wire fence, welded wire fence, or even chain link. You may even use these strong wood gate frames for picket styles of fence by attaching to picket to the face of them. English style gates are a much classier finishing touch than farm tubular gates often used with agricultural fences. Gates may be painted or stained nearly any color to match existing fences, even vinyl post and rail fences.
Unique solid wood construction utilizes a cedar to achieve the long lasting weather resistance of these solid wood mortised gates. Gepetto craftsmen took on the ambitious project of mortising through 8 inches of solid cedar, on an arc! We can stretch the boundaries of what you think is possible with wood!
- Primary gate joints are mortised and tenoned.
- Gates are designed with a heavy duty top rail over the entire width for extra strength.
- Gate top rails are chamfered cross braced for additional strength and durability.
- Rail and cross bracing reinforced with stainless steel bolts.
- Superior quality timber used throughout gate frame and rails.
- Gates may be automated with gate operators and accessories.
- Ornamental wood gates may be hung as right or left hand.
- Gates have beautifully planed natural wood finish.
- Gates may be re-painted using water-based or oil-based paints or leave ‘as-is’ to weather naturally.
- Suitable for residential, commercial, and agricultural uses.
- Gates easily mount to masonry columns, wood, or steel posts.